Open Peace Forum
Have Your Say
Personally, I long for a time when peace exists as the normal state of being, a time when non-peace is no longer a thought or instinct within us.
The following is an extract from an email very kindly forwarded by a friend. We do not know where it originated, but would like to share it with you.
Place of Peace thanks the author of
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
"...The following is a Nepalese good luck tantra totem which has been sent to you for good luck. It has been around the world 10 times so far.
You will receive good luck within four days of relaying this tantra totem. Send copies to people to wish them good luck, as fate has no price. You will get a very pleasant surprise...
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Memorise your favourite poem.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
4. When you say "I love you," mean it.
5. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
6. Believe in love at first sight.
7. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
8. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt, but it's the only way to live life completely.
9. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
10. Don't judge people by their relatives.
11. Talk slowly but think quickly.
12. When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile.
13. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
14. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
15. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
16. Remember the three Rs: Respect for self, respect for others, responsibility for all your actions.
17. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
18. When you realise you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
19. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
20. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
21. Spend some time alone.
22. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
23. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
24. Read more books and watch less TV.
25. Live a good, honourable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll get to enjoy it a second time.
26. Trust in God but lock your car.
27. A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
28. In disagreements with loved ones, deal with the current situation, don't bring up the past.
29. Read between the lines.
30. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
31. Be gentle with the earth.
32. Pray. There's immeasurable power in it.
33. Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
34. Mind your own business.
35. Don't trust a man/woman who doesn't close his/her eyes when you kiss.
36. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
37. If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
38. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
39. Learn the rules, then break some.
40. Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
41. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
42. Remember that your character is your destiny.
43. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Your life will improve drastically - share, care and spread the joy Good Luck!"
Somewhere on your tool bar there may be a facility to email web pages to you friends if you think they would like it.
Just as a matter of interest I did receive a pleasant surprise a few days after forwarding the message.
If you would like to make a thoughtful, poetic, artistic, musical contribution of peace to this site please
email your contribution
contact Do feel free to suggest ways that we could improve this site and please let us know if anything is not working. Created August 1999